Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rainy in Texas wants to know about shots for travel


Hey, Professor:

It was nice to meet you. I forgot to ask tonight: "Do we need to take any shots before the trip to Guatemala?"

Plus, thank you very much for your help with getting my car started. Now I can go out there in the morning and fiddle with it and get it over to the dealer.

Oscar in Rainy Texas

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok Rainy

1. Make sure your shots are up to date for your own protection.
2. Bring mosquito repellent in your checked luggage.
3. Bring gloves for lifting.
4. Maybe more that I can't think of right now.
I think a tetanus shot is most important, you could cut your finger on the paint brush or a piece of concrete you are moving.
One of the attachments may tell about that, I can't remember right now. I had a tetanus two years ago, I'm not sure about Mrs. Jim.
And mosquitoes can be a problem, bring repellent (in your checked suitcase).
Another thing to do is check the CDC site and their reco's for Guatemala.
Especially item three here!
A neat site for any time place look-ups is http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationList.aspx
From that I found this. Our areas aren't the high risk areas for malaria.
We did take malaria pills to China.
Hope this helps, Dr. Jim


So, keep on keep'n on, and till then,
"Please ask your question or leave your comment now!"
(Just ask me and you will remain anonymous)

Submit question or comment in privacy now

To read the rules and/or submit a question, click here.

(CLICK HERE NOW, I've read the rules.)

To leave a comment or non-private question, simply leave a comment below as usual.

1 comment:

Putz said...

hey, he didn't ask for all that additional advice, all he asked for was info about shots for travel,, do you know what kind of trouble you can get into for giving unsolititated advice??????

Post a Comment