Sunday, January 1, 2012

TV football watching -- Wife wants to deprive husband

Dear Dr. Jim

I am asking you to give your opinion about a problem my husband has.

He loves to watch football on TV. That leaves me and the kids alone in the kitchen without any TV to watch.

Please tell him how selfish he is.

Thanking you, TV Deprived Woman, Gloriad in Garland, Texas

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Texas Gloriad

This something I hear a lot.

But woman, what is the problem with you getting off your kitchen duff and joining your husband? Give him some company watching his games. If you learned more about football you might even get to like it.

I see so many families who let the little children take over the TV. This makes no sense at all to me. Father works hard to buy it, when he is around and there is something decent for him to watch by all means let him watch.

Family time can be around the TV but all should submit the remote to Dad.

Sorry about this one, I hope it helps you. Dr. Jim

So, keep on keep'n on, and till then,"Please ask your question or leave your comment now!"(Just ask me and you will remain anonymous)

Submit question or comment in privacy now

To read the rules and/or submit a question, click here.

(CLICK HERE NOW, I've read the rules.)

To leave a comment or non-private question, simply leave a comment below as usual.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever hear James Brown's song "It's a Man's World"? Don't forget the next line. :-)

Jim said...

Yes, Judy, I did hear it.

It's a Man's World:

This is a man's world
But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing
Without a woman or a girl
..

From It's a Man's World from MP3 Lyrics.
Go there to read the rest of the song.

He needs his wife, this time for company. That is part of the reason he married her. A 'help mate'.
..

Putz said...

i think a man should sacrifice all to give a woman what she wants{my wife is just behind me reading what i write}a wife needs to shop and this is the reason she needs her husband. she needs not a help meet for this purpose, she can do it well all by her self<><>i hate to always be right, JIM

Ray said...

Get another TV. And find something to fill your life with during those hours. Many women would like to have the extra time that you do for yourself that his football viewing presents.

Second, he'll be happy after he watches his football shows. A happy husband makes a great life for his wife. I'd go for his being happy, and make myrself happy with something in the meantime.

Kathe W. said...

oh my goodness- share the TV and the time together- sometimes I read while he's watching TV and sometimes I just snore....hahahah

Self Sagacity said...

well, I can see your point. however, when a man watches tv he is in his own world. he is so into it that he doesn't know what else is going on around him, including other watchers.

Post a Comment