Friday, December 7, 2007

All Rivers Run South


Dear Dr. Jim

This may be too hard for you, but I can't figure out why water runs towards the equator from both the north and the south.

When I look at the globe it looks like it all should run to the south, clear on to the South Pole.

Please help me so I can get some decent sleep again.

Loosing Sleep in Kansas

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Who told you that it runs north from the South Pole? That is completely wrong, and your figuring from looking at your globe is totally correct.

You can Google that, in fact there is a song about this little understood fact.

Dr. Jim


So, keep on keep'n on, and till then,
"Please ask your question or leave your comment now!"
(Just ask me and you will remain anonymous)


No comments:

Post a Comment